Q: How is the school day structured for a dual curriculum?
- Grades 1-12 have a day which is split equally between Judaics and traditional core classes. Early childhood students enjoy a project approach curriculum that integrates Jewish studies with fundamental preschool skills.
Q: How do I request a transcript or my academic records?
Q: Is the school accredited?
- Yes, we are fully accredited by the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) and are affiliated with the Memphis Jewish Federation. Our early childhood program is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
Q: Is there a dress code?
- Grades 1 - 8: Boys wear navy pants, girls navy skirts and white or blue polo shirts available through Lands' End uniforms.
- High school students are expected to follow a modest dress code. Please see current school handbook for details.
Q: What is the name of the school?
- We have four divisions.
- Pre-K3 through Kindergarten: Leach Early Childhood Center
- Grades 1 through 8: Margolin Hebrew Academy
- Grades 9 through 12: Feinstone Yeshiva of the South
- Cooper Yeshiva (CYHSB)
- Goldie Margolin School (GMHSG).
Q: Are the boys and girls dorms separated?
- Yes, we maintain separate dormitories for boarding students from Cooper Yeshiva and Goldie Margolin School.
Q: From what cities are current dorm students?
- Recent hometowns of our boarders include:
- Birmingham, AL
- Charleston, SC
- Charlotte, NC
- Denver, Co
- Minneapolis, MN
- Milwaukee, WI
- New York, NY
- New Orleans, LA
- Providence, RI
- St. Louis, MO